Sticky
Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.
Contact Me
  • Yahoo! ID : pickster_cool
  • E-Mail : pickster.cool@gmail.com
  • Bloggers
  • Me @ Wordpress!
  • Chinmay
  • Kalpik Nigam
  • Mayank Sharma
  • Pickster @ My Personal Log
  • Rahul Gupta
  • Saurabh Sood
  • Srikanth
  • Techinnovator
  • Qwerty Maniac
  • Zomato
  • Subscribe
  • Enter your Email


    Powered by FeedBlitz
  • Full Feed
  • Links
  • Me @ DeviantArt
  • Techspot Forum
  • About You
    You are: & using:
    Hits
    counter hit xanga
    Back To [Read] Book Land
    Tuesday, May 30, 2006
    These days, being summer vacations, I am doing mainly my projects and some studying also..
    For the leisure-time activity, I sit on computers [ of-course ] & am reading books also.

    But, I realised that I didn't have any new books so I started re-reading old ones. I have so far [re]read : Kill The Messenger by Tami Hoag, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, King Of Torts by John Grisham, The Last Juror by John Grisham. Then, I thought, which other books I have? I remembered that I had the Harry Potter Series... except The Sorcerer's Stone.

    I don't like The Chamber Of Secrets very much so I started with The Prisoner Of Azkaban [which I managed to finish in 1 evening] and now, after finishing The Goblet Of Fire in 1 day, I am reading The Order of The Phoenix.

    I thought I remembered many things about the Harry Potter series, but with every chapter, I am discovering new things. Now, back to reading...
    posted by J @ 8:20 PM  
    8 Comments:
    • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      1 day aint bad.. I did it in 6 hours 32 mins :) but then its not about the speed :P

      Try the 'Bartimaeus' Trilogy by Jonathan Shroud and the 'Inheritance' Trilogy by Cristopher Paolini and the 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' series by Rick Riordan

      And its sacrelige if you havent read the Lord Of The Rings Hexalogy (or the Trilogy atleast)

      And Star Wars's Nonalogy
      And The Animorphs, Everworld, Remnants.

      Also the Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke along with her Dragon Rider and Thief Lord

      OM MY GOSH, How can I forget the excellent Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, its a MUST READ for all young aged readers, amazing!

       
    • At 8:33 AM, Blogger J said…

      I took breaks in between :P.
      OMG, so many books.. lemme see on how many i can get my hands on...

       
    • At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      :|
      You havent read even one of em? =/

       
    • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      u're a fast reader. when i first read GOF, i took 6 and a half months to read :D

      now i manage to read the whole LOTR trilogy in a week.

      and the artemis fowl series is excellent. the inheritance trilogy(eragon) far beats Harry Potter. i recommend that also.

       
    • At 11:38 AM, Blogger J said…

      @ qwerty: well.. i have read Lord Of The Rings trilogy although some part is left.. none others.. :P

      @ saurabh.sauron : i am trying to get my hands on inheritance trilogy but so far.. no luck :(

       
    • At 3:42 PM, Blogger J said…

      Thank you for your kind words Rahul. :). I am more than happy to add your name in the bloggers list.
      And the theme for my blog can be founf at : http://freetemplates.blogspot.com/ . You can also see it in the 'Powered By' section on the right bar.

       
    • At 9:52 AM, Blogger J said…

      Now, I have finished Order of The Pheonix and The Half Blood Prince.. :)

       
    • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      blowhard

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Google
    About Me

    Name: J
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    What Has Gone But Still Remains...
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © 2005 Pickster - Picking Up Thoughts Template by Isnaini Dot Com